Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Love Actually", loved it!

I love watching movies.  But, working full time, with two little ones in tow at home, I hardly ever have the chance to watch any.  So, when I do get a chance, I pick something that leaves me happy, and makes me feel like it was so worth it. 

I 'd once asked my sis' if she had any recommendations for a silly, cozy movie, and she had suggested "Love Actually".  Very recently, I had the chance to view this movie from 2003 (Lots of catching up to do!). And I loved it.  It's warm and charming, a classic chick flick, with some humor thrown in.  It didn't hurt that this is a British film, I rather fancy their accent!

As all archetypal foodies will agree, any good movie must be enjoyed with a good snack. Here is my recipe for homemade baked chips - nutritious even, since they are made from sweet potatoes.

Sweet Potato Crisps

2 large sweet potatoes - sliced (use a mandolin for thin, even slices)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp Olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Arrange the sweet potato slices on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and add seasononing.  Toss to coat all slices. Bake both sides for about 8 minutes each until crisp.


Variations: Substitute sweet potatoes with potatoes, add herbs like rosemary for a different flavor.

Other TV snack options include sliced apples, yogurt and plain popcorn (healthy options, of course). A more delectable choice for those with a sweet tooth is strawberries dipped in dark chocolate.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Another British romantic comedy that I would recommend is "Bridget Jones' Diary". The sequel "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason", is equally enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the movie "love actually" :-P
    If you like this movie, you will like "Definitely, Maybe" not British, but Ryan Reynolds will make up for that!!

    ReplyDelete