Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Healthy mocktail anyone?

Like any typical working mom, when I get home after a long day, I am exhausted and the first thing I want to do is put my feet up and relax.    Instead, as soon I get my feet through the door, I am met with chaos.  The baby is impatient to be held, my older daughter wants to play and I need to get dinner started. Since the baby sitter is eager to call it a day as well, I relieve her after a quick wash and change.  From that moment on up until ten pm, there is non-stop action.  Who needs a gym workout when you can run around for hours at home?

In order to give myself a chance to breathe, today I thought I would give myself five minutes to wind down. Ideally, one should take deep breaths and focus the mind on calming things.  If this is something you can do, go for it.  Me?  I 'd rather have a cocktail instead!  Now that would take the edge off, wouldn't it?

But, this blog is about eating well for the body, mind and soul. So, we will skip the alochol and have a healthy bloody mary sans alcohol, which will still taste fabulous!

Here is the recipe:
16 oz. V8 (low sodium, spicy V8 if you like it hot)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
For extra heat and flavor, a dash of tabasco sauce
a couple of icecubes
Celery stick/Lemon slice for garnishing



Blend ingredients, garnish and enjoy the drink!  After you have this, there will be no guilt(no alcohol, no unnecessary calories),
and the spiciness could actually wake you up and get you going.

Now all I need to do is train my husband to make this for me when I come home :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment