Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cardamom tea - Cheers!

So, the fever bug has now passed from my four year old to my eight month old , which resulted in a particularly sleepless night as my little one expressed her discomfort with a routine wail or two.  Each time I leapt out of bed and rushed to the crib to soothe her with cooing sounds and a quick check to see how warm she is, all with my eyes closed!

Finally, at 5:30 am, I gave up trying to sleep, and decided to get an early start to my day.  After a quick shower and much brain wracking to decide on what goes into our lunch boxes for the day, I finally got ready for work.  That was the easy part of my morning, of course, coupled by the fact that the touch of Tylenol had induced a drowsiness in my little one that was allowing me to work without interruption.  The tough part is getting my older one to wake up for pre-school after sleeping at 11:00 pm.  Now you all know how easy I am on my kids!  But today, even that should be a breeze, because today is Beach Day at school...

So, how do I reward myself for getting everything done well before the baby sitter arrives?  Cardamom tea!
I can already smell the infusion of tea and cardamom.    For those of you who would like to join me for a few sips on this beautiful day, here is the recipe:

1/2 cup water
1 tsp tea leaves - I prefer black
3 pods of cardamom
1/2 cup milk (optional)
1 tsp sugar(optional)
Bring water to boil, and add the rest of the ingredients.  You may allow the blend to steep by letting it sit covered.  However, I like to "cook" my tea, so I just let the contents simmer for a few minutes.  Pour into your favorite mug, and indulge your senses in the sweet aroma of the cardamom.  Not only will you find it very calming, but if you google the benefits of cardamom tea, you will find that apart from providing respiratory and digestive support, it also works as an aphrodisiac (LiveStrong.com) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment