Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Appeal of Authenticity

I chanced upon one of Dr. Seuss' quotes this morning :

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

In today's individualist, sometimes (cynics may read as "mostly") duplicitous world, authenticity is fast becoming an attractive trait.  People covet simplicity and the comfort of being able to just be (oneself).    This quote touched a chord in my heart today, as I am often given to being a people pleaser, and when stretched too thin, ache for the freedom of being (accepted as) just me. 

Since I am in such a philosophical mood today,  a mocktail seems fitting to nix the mope and lift the hopes (lame, I know!). 

Lemon-Cucumber Mocktail

3 cucumbers
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 tbsp agave syrup
1 cup water
Few sprigs of chopped fresh mint

Blend first four ingredients together and strain, garnish with mint. 

Cheers to being the authentic you!


No comments:

Post a Comment